The Fox Island/Gig Harbor area offers an active lifestyle for all seasons of life! The number of retirement options in the area continues to grow as people discover the area’s waterfront charm combined with modern health facilities and diverse community opportunities. In fact, in 2016, SmartAsset.com ranked the Gig Harbor area as the best place in Washington State to retire!
Fox Island in particular has a small-town, close-knit feel that people love, and offers opportunities for retirees and all residents, such as:
- garden clubs
- concerts at the Echo Bay Chapel
- fishing and boating
- activities at the Nichols Community Center, such as Men’s Wednesday morning 9 am coffee, quilting club, yoga classes, and more
- volunteer opportunities through FICRA (Fox Island Community Recreation Association), such as the Annual All-Island Garage Sale, the summertime FICRA Fair every August, and the fundraising dinner auction every January
- Emergency Preparation Team
- Citizens’ Safety Patrol
- Yacht Club
. . . and more!
Some Fox Island retirees also:
- join local groups such as the Active Retirement & Senior Club of Gig Harbor
- take advantage of one or more of the many fitness clubs in the area, including the all-ages, fitness-oriented environment at the Tom Taylor Family YMCA in Gig Harbor North
- enjoy volunteering their talents and expertise to one of the community’s thriving service clubs, churches, and volunteer organizations
When active retirees want to venture beyond the peace and quiet of Fox Island, more adventurous opportunities abound: the big city amenities of Seattle and Tacoma, or the unsurpassed beauty of coastal communities and mountainous national parks. These are all within easy reach . . . now that you have the time!
SmartSize Your Move with Doug Lawrence Real Estate
Thinking of selling and getting something a little more manageable in this season of life? Some moves require some extra thought, preparation, and execution. Retirement and “downsizing” constitute one of those transitions.
The Doug Lawrence Real Estate Team has worked with many clients in this unique season of life. We offer consulting on streamlining, organizing, storage, selling, “re-distribution,” and even disposal of your stuff. Whether you have valuable heirlooms and treasures requiring careful thought and handling, or a lot of extra belongs that just need to go, we can help hands-on or refer you to a proven network of professionals who can provide the services you need.
Don’t let the thought of downsizing overwhelm you; freedom is closer than you think! Please contact us for a free SmartSizing consultation and market analysis of your home.
Doug Lawrence is a Fox Island resident and licensed broker with Keller Williams West Sound. You can find him at www.douglawrencerealestate.com or 253.541.5287.